I still haven't quite settled yet, and I've been thinking about people far away and the future significantly. I'm getting a feel for how busy I'll be this year and I will have some time for genuinely increasing my background of experience.
I was in a super prestigious opera chorus for a few years, but I never made time for it in my schedule at school. Since my AP Art History independent study fell through, I'm in choir now! For my introduction into the music world I was informed that "this isn't the class for people who just... want to sing". It's audition and I made it in without singing for 2 years, and there's a bit of resentment. They take their art seriously, cause they're all growing up to be famous singers. Obviously. I did the preteen model thing, so the whole idolizing the glamorous celebrity life if a bit old for me. If I had the option to be a famous model/star now, I wouldn't choose to be, I want to truly make a direct difference in the world.
I tried to be fashion-y today, but I ended up looking like a hipster, so I threw on my old fallback of jeans, tshirt and Buddhist prayer beads. I really don't care what I dress like--if you don't think you're beautiful without clothes or makeup, you're not really confident. That costume only provides a shell in which to hide.
I'm struggling to find some questions to answer about gp society, so I'm just talking frankly and fully to an array of people. That is, if you can even consider the majority of gp inhabitants capable of being differentiated.
Oh baby, baby it's a wild world. It's tough to get by just upon a smile.
And for the college application I have to decide what will set me apart from all the other Ivy League applicants. Write about the distilled essence of yourself. I have six pages posted on my wall, each empty but for a prompt question. They're glaring at me.
Do what you have to do, and do what you love to do. Now what the hell is it that I love to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment